Friday, March 16, 2007

Babel

It was just like the movie, except no Brad Pitt, or any other interesting part of the movie. OK, so I have not seen the movie Babel yet, but I've heard about it, and that's what it felt like in the Amsterdam Airport. I did fine with my connection in the Twin Cities to get across the big lake, but they decided to cancel my flight to Milan. We often use the expression "hearded like cattle", but this is where it was most appropriate. With no cell phones that worked, one pay phone that accepted phone cards, and a dozen different languages being spoken, chaos was always a minute away, and mutany was not an option because the language barrier kept us from organizing. It was a mess, but I was lucky to make it out that day and not spend the night in a town where the closest thing to a friend I could find was in their notorious red light district. I made it to Milan, and it's wonderful! Next is Florence. More blogs coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home